35 Kids Journal Questions to Prompt Your Child
So, you know the benefits of kids journaling and you’ve started them off on their journey, but where do you start?
If your kids journal does not include journaling prompts, and your child is finding it difficult to know where to start with their journal entry, then we have the perfect list of kids journal questions for you.
Simply choose one of the questions below as a starting point for your child. It may help to verbally ask the child the question, and for them to verbally respond. Once you have discussed the question and answer, you can ask the child to write in their journal to describe their answer and thoughts. Remember, this is a judgement free exercise for the child to partake in. Allow them to answer, without trying to dictate what their response should be.
The list of kids journal questions can be used as conversation starters between adult and child. This is a fun activity that can be carried out by the whole family.
Kids Journal Questions
- If you could have any special talent, what would it be, and why?
- What makes people happy?
- What job would you like when you're an adult?
- What's your favorite celebration, and what are the things you like most about it?
- What's your favorite outfit? How does it make you feel?
- What makes a good friend?
- Write about the happiest day of your life.
- If you could do anything all day tomorrow, what would you do?
- Describe the perfect vacation.
- Describe what you love about your family.
- Which room in your house is your favorite, and why?
- What's your favorite school subject? Why?
- What character from a book would you like to meet? Why?
- Write about something that you thought you couldn’t do, but did anyway. What happened when you tried it? How did it turn out?
- What is your favorite hobby? Why is it your favorite? What do you like about it?
- If you got to be principal for one week, what would you do?
- Should schools give homework? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? Why is that your favorite thing?
- What makes you feel happy? Why?
- What makes you feel sad? Why?
- What makes you angry? Why?
- Write about 3 things that worry you. Explain why each of these things worries you.
- What is your favorite book? What makes it your favorite?
- Is there ever a time or situation where it could be OK to tell a lie?
- What makes you smile?
- What is one thing you would like to get better at?
- How would you like to spend the perfect day?
- Describe yourself in 10 words.
- What age are you most excited to turn, and why?
- What do you imagine your life will be like as an adult?
- Who is your hero? Why?
- What would happen if dinosaurs still existed?
- If you could be a superhero, what superpower(s) would you have?
- Describe one thing you are good at doing.
- When you are sad, how do you cheer yourself up?