45 Simple Treasures in Life That Will Brighten Your Day
When stress is overtaking your thoughts, and the clouds start forming above you, it can be difficult to see the abundance of great things you have in your life.
Practising gratitude is a great way to keep your focus on the good things in life rather than dwelling on what you feel may be lacking.
So, if you need a reminder of just how blessed you are, here’s a list of 45 simple things in life that will put a smile on anyone’s face.
45 Simple Treasure In Life
- The first sip of a warm drink on a cold winter’s day
- The feeling of sleeping in fresh sheets
- The feeling of sand between your toes
- A warm embrace from a loved one
- Dancing like no one’s watching
- Taking a warm, relaxing shower
- Laughing until your belly hurts
- Watching the sunset
- Chocolate anything!
- Waking up without an alarm
- The smell of a lovely candle
- The sun shining through your window when you wake up
- Breathing fresh air on a nature walk
- Cuddling up with a book on a rainy day
- Ticking an item off on your to-do list
- Popping bubble wrap
- Being on time
- A good night’s sleep
- Wearing clothes that have just come out of the dryer
- Catching up with old friends
- Hearing your favourite song come on the radio
- Watching your favourite tv show after a stressful day
- A family dinner with no distractions
- A quick shoulder massage from a massage ball, pillow, or partner
- Finding a penny on the street
- Playing with your pet when you get home
- The smell of your favourite perfume
- Making someone you love smile from ear to ear
- The feel of a nice breeze on a hot summer’s day
- A glass of wine after work as you snuggle on the sofa
- Spending five minutes to journal your thoughts and free space on your mind
- Getting started on a new creative project
- Volunteering in your community
- Cooking a meal that brings you joy
- Receiving a good morning text when you wake up
- Making someone else feel good about themselves
- Smiling at a stranger in the street and them smiling back
- Getting home and changing into your pyjamas
- Taking a big sip of water
- A decluttered living space
- Looking at old photos
- Telling your loved ones how much they mean to you
- Eating a meal from your childhood
- Sitting still outside as the world passes by
- Learning something new
Gratitude is what makes life worth living. Life gets much better when you let the clouds drift apart, and you focus on the stars shining behind.
Because life’s too short to focus on the negative, so learn to appreciate the daily gifts that warm your heart and light your day.
Have we missed any of your simple treasures in life? If so, let us know!