Vision exercise for success
The below vision exercise is from the book 'The Success Principles', by Jack Canfield. From past experience, this exercise is an incredible way of creating clarity in your life and becoming much more focused on what you want to achieve in life.
This visualisation exercise is a form of meditation, so it's important to do this in a relaxed state where you will not be interrupted. Begin by putting on some relaxing music or sitting in a quiet area. Close your eyes, relax, and follow the below questions in your mind:
1. Focus on the financial area of your life
- What do you want to earn as a salary?
- How much would you like to see in your bank account?
- What might your investments look like?
- What does your home look like?
2. Focus on your ideal job or career
- Where are you working?
- What job tasks are you performing?
- Who do you work with?
- Who are your clients?
- Do you work for yourself and own your own business?
3. Focus on what you do in your free time
- What do you enjoy doing in your downtime?
- Who are you experiencing your free time with - friends and family?
- What hobbies do you enjoy taking part in?
- What type of holidays do you enjoy - skiing or beach?
4. Focus on your physical health
- What is your ideal vision of your body?
- How is your health?
- Are you pain-free?
- Are you filled with energy?
- Do you sleep enough?
- Do you exercise?
- Do you eat a healthy diet?
5. Focus on the types of relationships you would like
- Are you in a romantic relationship?
- Do you have children?
- Do you have a good relationship with your family?
- Who are your friends?
- Are your relationships filled with love and support?
6. Focus on your personal development
- Is there anything you want to learn?
- Are you continually training and learning?
- Are you growing as a person?
- Do you want to travel more?
- Do you want to push yourself in a physical achievement - e.g. marathon?
- Do you want to learn a new instrument?
7. Focus on how you can help the community
- Do you give back to the community you are a part of?
- Do you do any charitable work?
- What do you do to help others?
- Who are you helping?
You can either try to go through all 7 points and visualise them as you go, or stop throughout the process to write some of your answers down. Either way is fine.
Review your answers often as this will help your conscious and subconscious minds focus on your vision, and come up with ways on how to achieve these.